Sunday, February 01, 2009

Getting My Knit On


Whew! I'm back. Did ya miss me?

I had one of the most physically relaxing and creatively stimulating weekends that I've had in a long time. I decided not to take any classes, but just meet knitters, sit, knit, relax and talk to people. Get inspired. Boy, did I!

The setting (Elms Resort) became the perfect setting for a bunch of fiber obsessed women (and one brave knitter man). The market was great, the people were wonderful, and the projects - amazing.

The market featured da da da DAHHHH - Kay's Dome Hill Sock Yarn:








I mingled with old friends . . .



















Met some fascinating and fun new friends . . .






Became empassioned to buy a "Trashy Bag purse" - besides being environmentally friendly, it's very cute . . . . now have a hankering for "taffy" yarn . . . and prayer shawl knitting is in my future, inspired by some very special people who have benefited from them, and whose lives have grown richer by making them for others.

Definitely a weekend to treasure.

2 comments:

Elysbeth said...

This looks like something that should be repeated annually. Take two retreats and call me. : )

Carol Rosenblum Ducak said...

Hey, Chelle.
Thanks for linking to my site. I am looking forward to selling my messenger bags on Earth Day at Earth Fest in Kansas City at Theis Park.