Thursday, October 11, 2007

Larger Than Life Block 1



During my final crochet class session last Saturday, I started the Larger Than Life block, trying to see if I like the block enough to do the full Larger Than Life bag which takes 12 blocks like this one, in varying colors.

I finished the block this week all on my own. I'm starting to figure out this crochet thing! Very proud of myself. I used the new Berroco Comfort yarn - it's an inexpensive acrylic with such a soft, lovely feel. Purchased at the Studio. I love this yarn. It is soft enough to make the most cushy baby items.

As far as doing the Larger than Life Bag, I like the bag but I don't know if I want to do all the sewing that goes along with it. You have to sew a cloth lining in it. I was originally planning of sewing or gluing the blocks onto a regular tote, but so far I haven't found one that will work.

While knitting and crocheting are a blast, sewing is NOT my thing.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Your willow block looks great! I've made a couple of purses out of this block. I used less squares than the Interweave pattern called for. ALSO, I crocheted my lining...easy double crochets with some old acrylic. This is much easier than sewing a lining! Good luck!!!

Kristina B said...

I'm with you on the dislike of sewing, Chelle. ;-)

And further to a post below, I can attest to the fact that second sleeve syndrome DOES exist. I typically combat that these days by knitting one sleeve before anything else: it gets done quickly, which is encouraging, and then only the one sleeve left at the end ;-)

I'm stealing your tarot card thing for my blog ;-)

I, too, have enjoyed chatting with you on Ravelry. Drop on by anytime!