Sunday, January 18, 2009

Knitting Caddies

I am a natural bag lady - one of my favorite things to knit is purses and bags, and those have also been some of my most successful projects.

However, yesterday when Bob and I were shopping at an Antique Mall, we happened upon this:

Finding that knitty caddy reminded me that my favorite knitting bags aren't knitting bags at all, they are knitting CADDIES and that's why I have these other two as well:






My Grandmother used similar caddies during the 1960's and 70's and I forgot how much I love them!! I am going to be on the lookout for a vintage version - I am very sentimental about the wild, garish prints of the '70s and those are my favorites.

Now the reason I love these caddies so much is because they sit on the ground, open while you are knitting and when you are ready to go, you just flip it closed, grab the handle and go. Your knitting stuff never falls out - it's compact, easy and really works well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are the best and when I find one (I've been looking a while), I'm going to have to get me one. My big weakness is tote bags. I gave a slew away to a charity yard sale and I still have a shelf in a closet full of tote bags, but the these vintage knitting totes/caddies are the best.

Elysbeth said...

I had one of these in the 80s! Too fun.