Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Graduate


I have been feeling wistful all last week - and now this week even more so. My only child graduated high school last night.

We've had lots of preparations and parties - and misty eyes.


Simply can't believe my baby and many of her friends who I've known so well throughout the years are graduating now. Time has passed in a flash. A big threshhold has been crossed.

I'm so filled with pride and pain and expectation - all at the same time. And anxiety. I won't lie about that. Much of everything.

5 comments:

PlazaJen said...

Congratulations! I know it has to be hard, but you've been a great mom & your teachings will guide her as she begins the next phase of her life.

Elysbeth said...

Roots and wings. Roots and wings.

ChelleC said...

Thanks guys, and I'm working on the wings part right now. I have to let her fly. That's the hardest part - no Mama Bird swooping in. Tough.

Phyllis Bourne said...

Congratulations to all three of you! It's so hard to believe she's all grown up. I'm so very proud of her.

Christine said...

Oh Chelle, she's beautiful! Just like her mother. :) Congrats! I'm freaked out just that my daughter is in middle school. Hang in there momma bird! Your baby will fly well, you've trained her good. :)