Friday, September 07, 2007

Icelandic Shawl - Forget About It!

I've tried in vain all week to make headway on this Icelandic shawl and all it has done is caused me BIG frustration. I made a mistake somewhere around row 9 or 10 and have been trying to get it back on track ever since.

After knitting and tinking the 339 stitches several times, I decided that I don't like this beautiful shawl well enough to go through this aggrevation right now. I'd like to go back to this someday, but for right now, my frazzled mind and patience are simply NOT up to the task.

Thus, after one week, I am officially putting this baby away for a while.

Whew. Relief. There are so many things in my life that I don't have a choice about, but choosing my knitting projects - both those to keep and those to scrap - is the one thing definitely IN my control.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that it didn't work out, but sometimes you just have to put projects aside until the time is right. I hope you find something wonderful to work on now!

ChelleC said...

Yes, I'm going to do another shawl probably too, just not this one! I love it, but it's too hard for me right now.

Catherine said...

In the immortal words of Kenny Rogers, you gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. I gave up on the Flower Basket Shawl in that alpaca lace too, because while the pattern isn't that hard, laceweight is challenging for me. So I found a pattern in Morehouse Merino Knits that will be lovely in the alpaca, and it has that all important quality of mindlessness.

Elysbeth said...

Are you certain you have the error free version of the pattern? In the initial relaunch, there was an error. At least in knitting we still have usable fiber, in quilting a cut is permanent. :)

ChelleC said...

Yeah, I have the error-free version. It's not the pattern that's the problem - it's ME.