Monday, September 05, 2011

Gads is it September Already?



Fall is moving in. We had an absolutely lovely and cool, sunny and exquisite Labor Day weekend. With the lowering of temperatures and the coming of Fall, my mood automatically becomes more upbeat. Life seems crisper and full of more possibilities with the departure of the constant heat wave of the past few months. It's been a hot, horrible summer, for us as well as most of the country.




My new job is going well. I still haven't sold anything, but am getting close. Yay! I've been getting appointments and seeing lots of people, so eventually the sales will start coming along too.




My calorie counting and exercise plan aren't going as well as I'd expected, because I keep getting sidetracked by the busy-ness of my new schedule and taking clients out to lunch is hard on the waistline! I need to get in better control of myself.




I just finished reading a charming little book called Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, a british novel by Allen Bradley, which I would highly recommend. A perfect light, end-of-summer novel that is part coming-of-age novel, and part cozy mystery, with the heroine being a mentally sharp 12 year old girl named Flavia De Luce. There are a few books in the series. Very cute.




Still haven't been crafting much, but hoping to get back to it really soon. I miss spinning, knitting and weaving.






Feel free to post a comment. I hope to be back in the swing of things here soon.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

With the lowering of temperatures and the coming of Fall, my mood automatically becomes more upbeat

you and me both!
yeah on that sale right aroudn the corner! you can do it!

and ma, my ww was waylayed bad this summer! it's ok - back on track withthis fresh new start of the year.

hugs and best of luck :D