Sunday, February 18, 2007

Grumble, Grumble

Well, I'm in this MOOOOOODD (and it's not PMS either, by the way). Nothing is satisfying me. I feel discontent, restless, and dissastified with everything.

I went to knitting today, and it only made my mood worse. I saw Laura's "Ocean Waves/Not a Poncho" and it may me even more dissatisfied with mine - I don't like the "redone" version either. It looks too flashy and yes, I know I'm flashy, but I like Laura's much better. Her subtle, classy color selection is what I'm after. As much as I usually dislike blue, maybe I'm craving the boring colors, i.e. blue, white, etc. because I need calm in my life. It's hard to say.

I like Laura's. I may start yet a third time and try to stick with her color scheme - I don't like where mine is going. It's too un-oceanic!!! Then again, maybe I should just hang up the needles for a while and not knit anything. I'm in one of those moods where I feel unartistic, uninspired and just frustrated with everything I try to do. I think I need to go clean something - do some therapeutic cleaning. That's probably what I should do - sort out my messy house and wash some floors or toilets or something.

You can go to Laura's blog and see her current work in progress. It's really beautiful in person.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh dear. What might help is gather all the yarns and ONLY the yarns you want to use for the project. No sneaking in non-ocean colors. Yes, coral is a color, but it's an underwater color. I think the Santa Fe colorscheme is trying to weasle its way into the fray.

The yarn I used for the fuzzy part of the island is Caron's Cozi. Now that I'm finally able to get to the computer, I'm off to see what Jane posted.

Jeanie said...

Aw Chelle -- I'm sorry that you're feeling so "grumbly" but I can totally relate to how you feel as I've been feeling quite "grumbly" myself lately. Wish we were closer... we could comiserate together. OR we could shop for yarn and knit together and just get over it!

Hope you're feeling more contented soon!

Elysbeth said...

Hope you are feeling better now. Sometimes you just need to say it out loud.