Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Duper Tuesday - and Super Freaky Weather


First of all, in spite of a strange freakish severe thunderstorm and pouring rain, I got out and voted first thing in the morning for the leader I feel more excited about than I have been for anyone is a L-O-N-G time. I always vote in every primary, and every election, but this one made me especially proud. Barack Obama makes me believe that he might actually pull our country out of this big mess we're in.

At any rate, our state, Missouri, narrowly agreed with me, by a 1% margin. In the Democratic party in Missouri, we split the votes according to percentage, so it went for him, but she'll get some too. The cities of Kansas City and St. Louis voted for him overwhelmingly, but the rural areas went Hilary.

Even though I'm a political junkie, I try not to blog about it, but couldn't resist today. I am so proud and happy. Wish he had even a better showing in my State, but an amazing number of Democrats (1/2 million) braved horrible weather to cast their vote. Last night, the pouring rain turned into ice and a bit of snow. The highway I drive to work was shut down last night after 12 wrecks. We have more snow coming today - here's the forecast. It's open today, thouh, so I have to figure out how to get to my new job - they have a really strict attendance policie for newbies.

Another weird thing - they had a tornado in Arkansas yesterday, to our south.

My daugter, who gets really really tired of us talking politics at our house, had to share this Obama clip with me and I'm passing it along to everyone else who cares to be moved by it. Thanks, honey, it's a really good one! Obama link.

Tomorrow, it will be back to knitting, life and other stuff. But for today, I'm still savoring the belief that YES WE CAN!!! (Even in crummy freakish thunderstormy and now ICEY weather). Yikes. Have a good one everyone.

No comments: