Saturday, February 02, 2008

Dome the Yarn - And Those Who Will Soon Knit It Up


My friend Kay FINALLY dragged herself back to our Sip N Knit group this weekend. Yay! I haven't seen her in a hound's age, and I really missed her. We soon discovered that she's been busy there at her "Dome" (she's building a geodesmic dome house). And it seems she's been cook'n up some mighty fine acid-dyed yarn there in her crafty hideaway.


So she brought it to our group and opened it up for sale. Not that she was a yarn enabler or anything. Nahhh. She must have sensed it was right about time for us Yarn Dieters' to break our fast. I started the buying procession by latching upon this "Flam'N Hot" Dome Hill Sock Yarn. But don't worry, I am NOT making socks with it. No, it will eventually become a shoulder shawl.


Then I started a buying frenzy. I won't tell tales or name names to protect the innocent, but let's just say that nearly all of us partook in buying at least one. Okay, I'll name Mary, who bought the lovely Carmel Latte'.


Here are some other members, working away on their various projects. We have Lorenia, who loves all things Dr. Who and has been busy crocheting Dr. Who characters. This is the Dr. himself, and she's currently making Rose.


We have Laura and her daughter, Fry, modeling their recently completed sweaters. We are hoping that Fry will develop an avid interest in knitting soon, but we haven't quite talked her into it yet.


Mary finished the baby blanket and it looks fantastic.

Tracy is from Ravelry and has been to visit a couple of times and needs to come more often. She is making a felted bag. Not sure which pattern.


We had a new visitor named Rachel from Ravelry. Here she is with the baby washcloth she is knitting for a gift.

I apologize to anyone at the meeting who felt that I talked their arm, leg, or knitting needles off. I haven't really been to a meeting there in a couple of weeks and I missed it so much. Knitting is my passion, and I get carried away a bit at times. I always talk a lot, but not usually THAT much.


This last photo is my current project, which is the Cupcake Fingerless Mitts, a new design by Karen Neal of The Studio. She has been designing some really cute stuff and her pattern is listed on Ravelry. The first glove is almost finished but I am going to add some embroidery embellishments, as the pattern suggests. I really love making this mitts so far. The bright colors I've chosen are brightening the long winter days and making me start to hope for an early Spring.

If anyone wants to get hooked up with some Dome Hill Yarns, go to the link and you too can have some.

6 comments:

Kay said...

Thank you so much for the kind words Chelle! I'm looking forward to seeing your Flamin Hot shawl.

I have to point out that you made a typo in the Shop URL -- here's the correct link. Dome Hill Yarns

ChelleC said...

Kay, thanks for the cudos on my mitts. They are really fun so far. I can't wait to do the embroidery part. I used to embroidery when I was a teenager and miss it. That's probably one reason I chose this project. I fixed the url now so it will link from the post.

Elysbeth said...

You Fiend! Caramel Latte?!? color. Aargh. Is there no place safe to rest ones eyes?

Nice manicure by the way.

Kristin said...

Hi Chelle, I've really really been wanting to come by and join the group (found you on ravelry) but so far, I haven't had a Saturday free! I have already asked my son's dad to come up for this sat. so we will see... I am starting a new sweater, and have a self-imposed deadline (with a friend) so I need all the knitting time I can get. It looks like so much fun, and I love honkerbeans!

Anonymous said...

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27489654

watch it.

Also I wanted to thank you for putting up with me this morning. Thanks for understanding about me not being able to make the meeting tonight. I love you. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

^^^
Watch the the whole thing by the way.