Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Hills Are Alive . . . .


The girl is in Switzerland, but we haven't heard from her. ET phone home! It's been a couple of days since we've heard word of how the trip is going. Her trip is exactly half over. I officially miss her and am glad that she will be home in exactly one week.

Went to meet the knitting girls last night, Mary, Carol, Laura and Carolyn. Mary finished her Charlotte's web shawl - lovely beyond words. Laura finished her Flower Box shawl, and it is fabulous, and there just aren't enough adjectives. Thanks to them, I'm now yearning even MORE to make another. I had preliminarily started another but it didn't quite suit - not the right yarn nor pattern for my tastes, so I ripped that out.

Last night at the knitting group, I knit on a pair of toe-up socks. Only after I knitted for over two hours on those socks did I realize that they are too wide for my narrow foot. So before leaving last night . . . I ripped everything I'd knitted. I guess that I really NEEDED to do some mindless stockinette anyway, so it was no big loss.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Considering YOUR last shawl... Give in to the dark side already. :D

Last night was so much fun! Even if you had to rip your socks. The color is so pretty, you have to admit they're fun to re-knit.

I'm sure the girl is fine. She's probably busy washing her only white shirt. hee hee!