Wednesday, March 05, 2008

My Visit to the Dome



I have a political junkie's hangover this morning, and I could grouse about how we Democrats are tearing one another up and giving ammunition to the other side to use against us. I'm so mentally sore this morning that I'm actually SICK TO DEATH of politics for once.

So I'm going to turn my attention to the Dome.

Last Sunday, Bob, Emily, my mother and I visited Kay, who is an indy yarn dyer extraordinaire. She makes Dome Hill Yarns and stitch markers. My Mom wanted to see and buy some of her yarn and stich markers, and since I've already indulged in her wares, I wanted to see her Dome house under construction. We came, we saw, and it's great! The Dome is coming along well, and her husband Mike deserves kudos for his hard work and beautiful results. Kay has a blog on the dome progress.


We also visited Rib Crib, and I can't say enough about their delicious food and reasonable prices. Wasn't on my diet, but so much for that. Actually, I didn't do too bad because instead of eating an entire slab of ribs, as I wanted to, I was relatively "good" by feasting on a salad with pieces of rib mixed in and a barbecue ranch dressing dribbled on top. By the way, the baked beans are the best I've ever tasted - and I only TASTED. But they were delish. Photo is of my Mom and Emmy after finishing up their lunch.


Here is what I'm doing with the Flam'n Red Dome Yarn, making a pair of Simply Lovely Lace Socks. You can find the pattern about halfway down the page there - it's also in the Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Knits. Now here is my progress on those socks. They are coming along, and I'm trying to do both at once. I don't know if I'll be able to keep them both going once I get to the heel, that part might have to be broken up. Like everything else, we'll see how it goes - as we come to it.

6 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

I want to go to the Dome. I want bbq'd ribs! Sob. You do have fun!

Elysbeth said...

I want to see your Mom's new Dome yarn. Is there a Kansas City BBQ colourway?

ChelleC said...

She bought the caffe latte, the green/teal colorway (Lagoon I think?), she bought chocolate truffle.

Kay said...

The green/teal/sapphire is called Carribean Blue! Not that it doesn't look different every time I do it...

I love the idea of a KC BBQ colorway, I'm totally stealing that! A nice deep reddish-brown, cuz we like the tomatoes in the sauce here. East coast BBQ people need not blanch in horror, it's soooo good.

ChelleC said...

What is the jade colorway called? I want that one!!!!

ChelleC said...

What is the jade colorway called? I want that one!!!!