Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When Oh When Will Spring Come?



Remember the old John Denver song?

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high


A while back Jen took a photo of a tulip breaking ground. I think it's a tulip.

In Kansas City, Spring hasn't really shown up yet. It's been cold, rainy. I'm still using my fireplace every day in March.

I'm in a dark place. Bad mood. Tired of winter. Sad. Bored. Overwhelmed by worry about the country. Feeling everything is going to hell in a handbasket.

I need Spring to be here and to feel warm sunshine on my face again.

How's that for a depressing whiny post? I know. I'll shut up now and go back to kniting on my socks. By the way, they are the only thing going well right now. It's a small comfort, but at least it's something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should get outside for awhile today, I think spring just showed up today. I ran a couple errands this morning, and noticed along Ranson Rd. that all the grassy areas have that pale green haze over them from the new sprouts. Beautiful sunshine too.