Friday, September 08, 2006

Oh Thank Goodness It's Friday

TGIF was never so true as this week (and last). We're in the final throes of packing and getting ready to move our belongings. The move actually occurs next week - but this is our final weekend of packing and getting ready.

Since we haven't moved in many years, this is a particularly stressful move - and hopefully our last. I'm getting too old for relocating, let me tell ya!! What would have once been an exciting adventure when I was in my twenties or thirties is now drudgery - and we have aches and pains just from packing boxes? What's up with that?

I told Mary I would try to pop into knitting group for a bit this week, but doubt I can stay very long and knit unless the packing goes better than expected. I also want to get back on my physical fitness program again when the dust settles.

There are no photos this week, because my digital camera is packed away, but I have progressed a little on the fingerless gloves. I may check in briefly with the knitting group after all, because I do have a question about the gloves. They are fun to make so far! And I know fingerless mitts are something I always use. In fact, the three things I consistently wear that I knit are fingerless gloves, scarves, and socks, definitely SOCKS.

Next weekend, we have UNPACKING to look forward to. But I think we're all getting really excited about the new house. I can't wait to have a weekend to enjoy the new place with some actual knitting in my lap.

No comments: