Monday, September 25, 2006

Whew! Finally Back Again

When I predicted, a month ago, that my life would be a rollercoaster I sure wasn't kidding! Little did I know how many ups and downs I'd be "riding" during this time.

I finally found my digital camera yesterday while unpacking some boxes. There are still many things that are left to unpack. And did I mention we have not one but TWO storage lockers full of stuff we're still trying to either place or get rid of? Yeah! It's true.

Also, I started going to Slim4Life on Saturday. I have been stress eating and gaining WAY too much weight, more than I ever have weighed before. I can't keep this up. So I joined Slim4Life. It's expensive, because you have to pay for a whole year's worth of membership/weigh-in fees in advance. And you have to buy some diet food they have, like special supplements and snacks through them, but I really am getting desperate to stop gaining. In the past year, I've gained 10 lbs over my last all-time highest weight and I'm in danger of going into another size, one that I know is FAT for my petite body frame and would involve a major clothes buying session into a larger size which I am NOT going to do. I'm 5'3" so even an extra 10 lbs on me is very noticeable. I want to lose 30 lbs and am committed to doing it.

Weight Watchers just flat isn't working for me anymore. There's not enough accountability on it, and the points structure makes it too darn easy for me to cheat. On Slim4Life, you weigh in 3 times per week and you meet individually with a counselor. You are constantly accountable - which is what I need right now to ensure my success.

Initially, they have a 3-day "prep diet" where your food selections are extremely limited low-carb type choices. It's similar to Atkins. But starting on the 4th day of the diet, you go into different food selections. I have my Nutrition class tomorrow night to learn the eating rules etc.

So far, I've lost 4 lbs. It's probably mostly water weight, but who cares, it's 4 lbs off. Now I have 25 or 26 more to go.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Good for you! As much drive as you have, this will be easy for you. :) I look forward to seeing you on Saturday and good luck in paring down the storage stuff!

ChelleC said...

I hope I can get there Saturday, but it's doubtful. Bob's Aunt Eve will be in town and his Mother isn't doing well, either. She's been in the hospital all this week.

Elysbeth said...

Yay! good for you! Sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves. You are doing something positive for your Self and your Health. I bet the one year cost is a sneaky way to keep you on it. If you shell out big bucks at the beginning I would imagine you would be less likely to quit. I suggest you check your libary for "perfect vegetables" it's by the cooks illustrated crew and it makes getting a variety much easier. (Because lets face it, we get into a rut with that stuff). Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

ChelleC said...

Elysbeth, thanks for the book suggestion about vegetables. I will look for it.

I'm doing really WELL on the diet. I weighed in again yesterday and have lost 8 lbs total so far.