Friday, August 15, 2008

4 Squares Down . . . . 4 More to Go



Last night I completed the fourth square, so I have the back of the vest finished, but not seamed together yet. That leaves 4 blocks for the front, plus a collar and bottom strip left to do. Not quite halfway, but almost!

I think I'm pretty much right on pace to finish by the time the Olympics end on Sunday, August 24th. I started this vest exactly 1 week ago - yay!

Next week will be tough because I'm changing shifts - moving up to an earlier shift at work, and changing my job function somewhat. It will be interesting to see if I still stay up late to watch the Olympics, or if I crash early. Not sure, but I need to finish this vest.

I really like it so far, and guess what? It's on gauge! I measured it the back and compared it to a sweater that fits and it appears to be on target. (I say that holding my breath). That old bugaboo "Gauge" and I have a LONG term battle with one another.

This has really been interesting focusing on solely one project for a whole week. As most of you know, I am not usually monogomous with my knitting projects and prefer to work on several things at once, but this focus on ONE thing at a time has been somewhat helpful to me and I might even consider doing more FOCUSED efforts on future projects.

This particular modular project has been a delight, because you get the instant gratification of compelting ONE square at a time, and there's that zingy feeling of completion each time one is done. Plus it's a very easy, mindless and portable project, which is always a good thing.

Have a good weekend everybody.

1 comment:

Elysbeth said...

Lookin' good!