Saturday, August 09, 2008

Day 1 of Ravelempics

Yesterday was a mixed day. I did several of the things on my list. Woke up fairly early and tried to watch the Olympic games promptly at 7 a.m. but then discovered that it wasn't going to be broadcast on TV until 7:00 p.m. CST.


I drove to Lawrence early to visit Yarn Barn and bought more of that beautiful auburgine colored roving I am spinning with my Golding Aromotherapy spindle. Here is my spindle. I'm actually spinning a bit better on my drop spindle so far than on my wheel, but both types of spinning are getting better and coming along nicely. I can't tell you how much I enjoy spinning! It is truly my new form of meditation and is something I've been doing a bit every day - it's the most enjoyable thing I do all day. Spinning is my small bit of nirvana. Weird but true.

Then Em and I went over to her school to check out her classes and locker, pick up her schedule etc. We also went school supply shopping and tried to find some shoes for her. She drove me around all day during errands. She's driving better than me now!

Finally, in the evening, we watched the opening of the Olympics. It was simply spectacular, and my new Striped Mitered Square Vest is starting off well - here it is. Love the pattern. Love the yarn. I seem to be on gauge. Yay!


Nice beginning so far.

1 comment:

Tracy Purtscher said...

Did you know that MSNBC, CNBC, and USA are all broadcasting the Games too?? You don't have to wait until the prime time segment on NBC. Because of this I'm watching waaaay more TV than I have in the last month! LOL