Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Becoming An Olympics Fiend

Did I tell you that I LOVE the Olympics? Never watched it this avidly before, but I'm really really enjoying it. That win by the Men's Swimming relay team last night was amazing. They won by literally a fingertip's length. Whew! Great move by that swimmer named Lezak.


Here's what I did yesterday - finished up the second square that I started Saturday. And there's also a close up of the K3 together decrease in the center of the mitered square. I also worked a bit more on the Margo shawl and it's coming along nicely too.

Doing this project is reminding me of how very much I enjoy Modular Knitting. I may be doing more of these types of projects in the future for the very fact that knitting a sweater or vest this way is so transportable! You only work on one small module at a time and then pick up stitches etc to join them. If you are interested in learning more about mitered squares, here is an excellent link to a blog entry by another blogger (Pretty Posey) called "Mighty Miter" that goes into great detail in demonstrating the technique.

As soon as I come home tonight, I'm turning on the Olympics!!! If you missed anything, I understand that NBC has video replays of most of the events. I'm going to check it out because I heard the women's fencing was excellent.

Ta ta for now.

3 comments:

Phyllis Bourne said...

So far, I've only watched the opening ceremony to see the outfits.

Elysbeth said...

Drat! Knew I needed a TV for something. Oh well, perhaps by Internet.

Sounds like you found your mojo.

Jasmine's Mommy said...

Your vest is coming along so nicely! I love the way the colors blend! I still need to get on the net to watch some of the highlights of the olympics I'm missing!