Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice Inspired Sweater Kntting

During the ice storm, I couldn't make it to knitting group. It was just too nasty out. I was all set to get out in it, and then turned back when ice started pelting my car around 12:30. So I came back home and set to work on the Plain Vanilla sweater I've been knitting for weeks. I finally finished one sleeve. Yes!

I decided to eliminate the rolled sleeve edge and instead do a seed stitch one. I decided to un-bind off the hem of the sweater. It has originally been designed and bound off as a rolled hem on the bottom as well as the sleeves and neck. It was rolling a little TOO much for my liking and looking rather sloopy. So I unbound off (ever done that before? Yes, it can be done --- no bindoff is forever if you don't want it to be). I am making a seed stitch hem on that also. Looks much nicer.

So all I have left on the top down sweater is the missing left sleeve. I hope to start on that soon - maybe Monday night after work if time and energy allow. Ideally, I'd like to have this sweater finished in time to go to The Studio retreat in two weeks. I think that's doable.

I just DREAD driving in this icy weather tomorrow, but I must go to work. Yuck! It will be a real mess. They really haven't scraped the streets around here. I hope the highways are better. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! now that Plain Vanilla Sweater will have a little bit of you in the design. Go Sleeve, Go Sleeve, Go Sleeve.

ChelleC said...

Yeah, E, it's not going as fast I as I would like, but it's going. I'm going to work on it again tonight for a while. Best of all, this sweater appears to fit~!