Thursday, January 07, 2010

Cropped Knit Cardigan


Most people who read my blog probably realize that I don't usually like to knit sweaters. They are time-consuming, they take a lot of yarn and attention, plus require gauge mastery and/or swatching.

But this time I bit the bullet. Made a cardigan. I started it just before Thanksgiving and finished it just after New Years. It's a free pattern called "Cropped Knit Cardigan" by Barbara Breiter made with the yarn called for in the pattern, which is Merino Stripes yarn.

The pattern was easy and fast. Most people who aren't "sweater adverse" (like me) could probably make it in a week or two. I recommend the yarn and the pattern.

Though it may not be visible, there's lace at the sleeve cuff and bottom edging. Yay! A sweater finished just in time for Casual Friday at work.

3 comments:

Chery said...

Looking good!!

Rebecca said...

love the colors and love the cut - i've been looking for a good cropped sweater pattern -i'll go check that out!
you look mahvelous!

Anonymous said...

Looks great Chelle! Debra