Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy Birthday - To My Favorite Person




Happy Birthday to my favorite man - my husband of almost 22 years - Bobby. He's getting near in age to a major milestone, but we won't go there about the exact age thing.




He's been off this last week on vacation days, so we've been able to spend some time together. It's been really nice. Today he's decided that for his birthday, we will go bowling.

I'm bad at bowling. Really quite bad. Imagine nothing but gutter balls. But I'm going because it will make him happy.

We are hoping this next year will be much better than 2007, which was kind of a "blah" year for both of us, nothing really bad happened, but it just felt "flat" somehow and we're ready for more happy and exciting things to happen in 2008.

Here's to my favorite person, bar none. He's easy going, fun to be with, has the dryest, sharpest sense of humor of anyone I know. He's smart, and again, FUN. And he's an extremely responsible husband, father, and all-around nice guy. He's the most balanced person I ever met. He's down-to-earth, practical, and demands much more of himself than he expects of others.

He likes: chess, ping pong, politics, computers, all things computer geekish, loves old classic rock, i.e. YES, Dave Mason, Allman Brothers, Rolling Stones. He's a die-hard movie buff. Most of all, he's a devoted family man and will do anything for people he cares about. Bob, may you have a very Happy Birthday, and the best year ahead of your life. I'm grateful we get the chance to spend our days together.

3 comments:

PlazaJen said...

Awww, if I had to guess, I'd say you love this guy! ;) And he sounds like your best friend. Happy Birthday - and good luck bowling! (I always break my nails off.)

Woofgangpug said...

What a nice tribuate! Happy birthday to your special guy, and a happy new year to you and your family.

I'm hoping for a less-blah year, too. When do you start you new job?

Elysbeth said...

Yay! Bobby. Happy Birthday. It sounds as though you two really balance each other.