Saturday, December 22, 2007

Rose Hearts Shawl




About a month or so ago, my talented friend Jeanie at Dances With Yarn made her mother, who she calls "Glamaw" a very beautiful Flower Basket Shawl out of the Malabrigo yarn. If you look at her November 13th entry, you can see her lovely shawl. I fell in love with it and decided it would be a great idea to knit my own Grammy a shawl because she's been coveting my Forest Canopy ever since I finished it early last summer. I placed an order for Malabrigo worsted weight merino in Dusty Rose (Grandma's favorite color) and plan on making this one Rose Heart shawl - a new design by Elizabeth Matthews.

I started knitting on this shawl on the 19th, then had to scrap it and start over on Thursday the 20th. (There are some errors) and be sure and check the Errata before you start this pattern. But now that I've figured out the bugaboos, with the help of the techie LanieRed, I think this shawl is now on it's way to being a satisfying knit! There is even a Yahoogroup and Ravelry Group set up so that folks can do a knitalong that starts on January 18th. Me, I couldn't wait because NOW is the time I have off to make it, since I'm am still officially unemployed.

Good news on that front, too, though. I received "the call" yesterday afternoon from my new employer telling me they've completed the background check, drug test, etc. I've jumped through all the hoops and will officially begin working as a customer service rep on January 7th! Yay! Great way to start off the New Year. Not only will I be making a bit more money, but I think I'll really be happy in this job. Yes! It helps me relax over the holidays, knowing there's another paycheck coming sometime in my future. Whew.

3 comments:

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Grammy will love the shawl.

And super super duper news on the job front!!! Customer service is never boring. I predict you will be good at this.

Woohoo, you can just enjoy a little time off!!!

Laura said...

Congratulations!! I must have been away from the table on Saturday when you told us! :( I'm so glad for you, because I know how hard this has been for you.

You've also earned many good karma points with this post about the shawl. Or at least, you should have earned many points in what you didn't say.

Catherine said...

Oh, congratulations on the job! Can I come stand next to you so some job finding energy washes in my direction? Love the shawl, too!