Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day everyone! This is the lovely bouquet I came home to on Friday night after work. My daughter had not only bought me roses, but made a lovely note to go with it. Very sweet. Started the weekend off right.

We tried to take a little weekend trip to the Ozarks but it didn't work out real well. It started off with us leaving the house and driving an hour before realizing my husband had left his wallet. Had to go all the way back and start over. I mentioned then, "Hey, maybe this is an omen and we shouldn't go." But no, we went.

Nothing horrible happened, it just was kind of a "clunker" weekend - one where we just want to endure it and get back home. We would have had a lot more fun at home, frankly.

The weather was horrible - cold soaking rain, high wind and tornado watches the whole time. Just 55 miles or so southwest of us, there were tornados and baseball size hail. Jeez! The heavy storm cells went further south and didn't affect us directly, except just knowing they were anywhere in the state had me scared after our brush with the funnel cloud a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I feel so sorry for all the people who who lost lives and homes in any of these storms. It's just awful. The midwest and south have just been plagued with bad weather all spring.



Anyway, since we couldn't do anything really FUN on the trip, we stayed inside, ate at some good restaurants and Mom (me) knitted. I made some pretty good progress on the vest I'm working on, Talia. I'm up to the waistband now, which isn't bad for a slow knitter.

Here's the vest as it stands now.

Happy Mother's Day to my Mother and my Grandmother. Sorry I fell down on the gift giving this year, but I dearly love you both. Thanks for always being there for me and for being great role models.

I'm going to go unpack now. Going on a BAD weekend trip sure makes you doubly glad to be home. We'll look back on this weekend trip and laugh . . .really, we will.

No comments: