Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Now I'm "It"

My friend Phyllis tagged me with a MEME and here it is. Five questions that didn't take too long to answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, working as a legal secretary by day, and writing romance novels half the night in a valiant attempt at becoming a novelist. We were also getting ready to return here to the Kansas City area so that we could enter my daughter in kindergarten and have her grow up in my home town. At that time, gosh, it seems not just a decade ago, but a WORLD ago, I had a preschooler who has now miraculously morphed into a full-blown teenager. At that time, I didn't knit at all. I also weighed far less, looked much younger. Hard to believe.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today? Check on my daughter's summer school plans (done); Do the treadmill for 30 minutes (done); read more on my Thinking Thin book (done); make knitting progress on Talia (not yet done); balance my checkbook (not yet done).

3. Snacks I enjoy: skim string cheese; sliced juicy green apples; pisastio nuts, coffee and good quality chocolate (not all at at the same time though).

4. Places I’ve lived: This is sadly boring and limited. I've lived in various suburbs of Kansas City all my life, except for a 4-year stint in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Where would I LIKE to live? I have dreams of someday have alternative lives in New York City, Seattle, Washington, Ancorage, Alaska, a remote artsy-fartsy liberal town in Vermont, and how about, best of all, in the Historic District of Savannah, Georgia. What do these places have in common? Absolutely nothing, but they all have attractions I've drawn to.

5. Things I’d do if I were a billionaire: Create a charity that helps shape teenagers with limited funds and help them identify a career path that would satisfy them creativity and financially - and would offer a scholarship for them to go to college or vocational schooling of their choice.

People I tag: Elsybeth, Laura, Kay, Carol and Lynn (Colorjoy). Also anyone else who cares to participate and reads my blog.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I've been tagged! Check my blog.

Tracy Purtscher said...

I'm with you on the Savannah Ga thing! The youngest goes to school there so I'm at least fortunate enough to visit frequently. :o) Although, cuz she lives there I also know about the high crime rate....sigh (she has been robbed or her apartment broken into 4 times in 3 years) I'll forfeit Savannah proper for a place on Tybee Island and just drive into town when the whim overcomes me.