Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Gettting in the Gap - Or At Least Heading Toward It



One of my favorite spiritual writers and personal heroes is Dr. Wayne Dyer. I remember him from the 1970's, when I first started reading his self-help books. He's not just about pscho-babble, he really seems to BE what he believes. I long to find that sense of grounded-ness and authenticity myself.

Today as I was driving around town, I started listening to one of his CD series and books called "The Power of Intention." He's just fantastic. Nearly everything he said applied to my current attempt to be focused and make the best decisions possible for my confused mental state.

Right now, I feel like I'm trying to look for something at the bottom of the pond, and there's all this pond scum and surface debris that is keeping me for seeing what is beneath.

Dr. Dyer's series is fantastic, and hearing this CD reminded me of another book of his called, "Getitng in the Gap" - it's about returning to that authentic connection between yourself and your Source. It's a type of meditation technique (Japa) that involvs getting in a space BETWEEN your thoughts to find a peaceful place that is really sacred. So by going within, if I can somehow hear that Source again, my decision making surely will become more clear. At least I want to emotionally and spiritually open myself to hearing the answers.

Dr. Dyer says, "The secret to manifesting anything that you desire is your willingness and your ability to realign yourself so that your inner world is in harmony with the power of intention. The way to establish a relationship with spirit and access the power of the creative principle is to contemplate yourself as being surrounded by the conditions you wish to produce."

In recent months, I've become hectic, disillusioned and lost track of that inner trust in myself and the Ultimate Source. Oh yea of little faith? Right?

So a refocus is definitely prescribed - like an eyeglass prescription, I need a new mental vision prescription. I'm putting on my "happy, prosperous" glasses now and envisioning a much brighter future for all concerned. Yes! Everyone, put on your happy glasses. What are we grateful for? A lot. And I hereby envision many other happy things to come.

Enough spiritual mumbo-jumbo! On the outer world, I have a second interview with a company tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Oh and I haven't been knitting much at all lately, because I've been studying (and I passed the test incidently), I've also been job hunting and starting to declutter the home environment. But here's my progress on the bag I started last week:

No comments: