Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sit Down, Take Your Shoes Off



The photo above is a picture of the porch area of The Elms, a hotel in Excelsior Springs that we visited for a most relaxing pleasant Sunday outing last week. I'd had such a bad week last week that we just went for a relaxing drive in the cool weather last Sunday. We stopped at the hotel, walked the grounds and had a really serene afternoon. I look back fondly at that overcast, cool day, especially now that we're cook'n again in the mid-90s. Did I ever mention I hate summer? Well, definitely. So my mind wanders back to that cool day and heaves a sigh of relief just thinking about it.

Today I went to a Job Fair for sales people. It was a good chance to meet face-to-face with several prospective employers. It's hard to tell, of course, with such brief interviews, but I think there were a couple of different companies where I really hit it off well with the managers who were interviewing. Hopefully there will be some opportunities that will develop into something. I already got a call-back from one place and I have two interviews scheduled for this week. That makes me happy. I want to start working again soon. So it's been a good day. Thank you Lord. (Thank you, thank you). I could use more confidence-building days like today.

Also, I've made it down to the heel flap on the socks. The holes don't show up much in mine, because it's Cacade Fixation. But I like the effect. Here's my sock in
progress.



I'm feeling much better today, folks. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Woody Allen has left the building, at least for today.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the Elms! Have you ever had the spa services? Totally worth the trip, time, and money. Hubs and I were there for a romantic weekend and we loved it.

Mary and I were chatting about you before class last week. It's my opinion that you're way too lively for your prior job. Rather like making a lively parrot or sweet little parakeet sit on a perch and be still. You deserve to work in a place that doesn't clip your wings. People want to interview you? Good. It renews my faith in business peoples' intelligence. ;)

Carol said...

So glad you had such a good day. Laura is right...you deserve to have a cheerful positive work place that lets you spread you wings. You have such a bright shiny personallity that you need to be able to capitalize on.

I have had times between contracts that I have been really down but you know when I gave up stressing about it and give it up to someone higher up that me, that is when things start to happen. Usually it is something better than I was looking for.

I think you are on the right track. See you tomorrow night.